Throughout the course so far, you have been exposed to many technology concepts and industries. A key thread among the industries is how technical innovation helps organizations innovate, integrate, and thrive. Many organizations start by addressing problems by creating a business use. A business will create a use case in the following manner:
- They identify a business problem.
- Next, they identify all the shortcoming in that business .
- The organization will look for business and technical solutions that can solve the focused problem.
- The organization will then identify the cost associated with the business problem.
- The organization then creates a plan based on all the collective factors addressed in the previous bullets mentioned.
Blockchain technology adoption is one area that organizations are now actively looking at as the next horizon in securitization and record keeping management. The image below shows the business segmentation that we most often break Blockchain down into from a potential business perspective
Your assignment as a GROUP is to present a business use case where Blockchain Technology can address a significant challenge within the industry
- Healthcare Payers
- Supply Chains / Manufacturing
- Retail / B2B
- Aerospace / Defense
- Energy / Utility
- Information and Communication Industry
Each group will be required to create a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION (not a TERM PAPER). In the POWERPOINT PRESENTATION, you are to convince the executive leadership in your company (think CEO, CTO, CIO, CFO) why the use of Blockchain Technology will solve your business problem. The presentation must include the following:
- A overview of the industry listed
- Key industry players in the industry
- What are three to five major business problems in the industry today?
- Select ONE of these problems that can be solved using blockchain technology? (This is the overview to the use case)
- What are five ways the problem can be solved using blockchain technology? (This is the details to the use case)Who will the blockchain innovation impact in the organization?
- You must explain – the what, how, why for each.
- What is the cost associated with the innovation?
- What do you foresee the outcome to be should the organization implement the blockchain technology innovation?
- Are there any technical challenges/roadblocks that the organization should be aware of that may prevent a successful implementation?
- Provide a clear and convincing closing to why this solution is the best way forward for the organization.
How the assignment will be graded:
- The presentation should be a MINIMUM of 20 slides (including Cover and References). The deck should NOT EXCEED 25 pages.
- You should make the presentation for an executive audience. That means, Times New Roman or Arial Font Face, Size 14-18 for text. Size 20-24 for headers. (20% of your grade is presentational design)
- Graphics are essential. A minimum of 8-10 graphics should be included that are meaningful. Custom graphics/tables are preferred!
- If you put figures or tables in your slides, you have to make your own tables and figures. Please don’t copy and paste it from the reference.
- Your first page should include your group member’s name, date, title, and course name.
- Clearly, concise well written presentations are essential. Grammar/Spelling count for 10% of your grade.
- Each slides should include a minimum of one reference. (You need to reference your source material for each slide in APA format. This will be 20% of your overall grade).