Evidence-based practice (EBP) involves the implementation of best practices based on theory, supported by research, expertise, and patient preferences.
Objective: Timely application of research evidence in patient care is of significant importance. In this assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of the connection between theory and how it is supported by rigorous research to become evidence-based practice and transitioned to patient care.
Upload your Poster, one PowerPoint Slide, to Turnitin by the deadline provided in the course calendar.
1) Select a current nursing practice or procedure. You can use a practice or procedure from your daily work environment.
· Find research studies that support the procedure or practice. The key term here is research studies.
· Find at least 2 research studies or one meta-analysis or systematic review that support the practice or procedure. Supporting EBP requires a high level of evidence from research. Refer to the Evidence Hierarchy on page 131 of your textbook and look for studies from the higher levels. A good place to start would be the Cochran Collection in the library database. Journal articles on the topic can provide expert opinion to support EBP. These are a lower-level of evidence in the hierarchy of evidence but are often valid. Your supporting literature DOI or URL must lead to your resources to be counted. Check your DOI or URL carefully. Hanging indents and double spacing are not required for this assignment.
2) Proper APA format is required for citations and references including the DOI for articles from the library. Double spacing and hanging indents are NOT required for this assignment.
3) Create one Poster on a single PowerPoint slide with the following information:
· Topic Title, Your name, and Credentials
· Discuss the relationship between the research available and the practice you have selected. Topic Ex: PICC lines, Decubitus care, Tube feedings, VAP bundle, CAUTI, etc
· How have you experienced the use of research in your practice? Avoid HIPAA violations.
4) Upload your Poster in the submission link.