Project: Securing a Microsoft Windows Environment
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
After the recent security breach, Always Fresh decided to form a computer security incident response team (CSIRT). As a security administrator, you have been assigned the responsibility of developing a CSIRT policy that addresses incident evidence collection and handling. The goal is to ensure all evidence collected during investigations is valid and admissible in court.
Consider the following questions for collecting and handling evidence:
1. What are the main concerns when collecting evidence?
2. What precautions are necessary to preserve evidence state?
3. How do you ensure evidence remains in its initial state?
4. What information and procedures are necessary to ensure evidence is admissible in court?
Create a policy that ensures all evidence is collected and handled in a secure and efficient manner. Remember, you are writing a policy, not procedures. Focus on the high-level tasks, not the individual steps.
Address the following in your policy:
· Description of information required for items of evidence
· Documentation required in addition to item details (personnel, description of circumstances, and so on)
· Description of measures required to preserve initial evidence integrity
· Description of measures required to preserve ongoing evidence integrity
· Controls necessary to maintain evidence integrity in storage
· Documentation required to demonstrate evidence integrity
· Internet access
· Course textbook
· Format: Microsoft Word (or compatible)
· Font: Times New Roman, size 12, double-space
· Citation Style: APA
· Length: 2 to 4 pages
· I created a policy that addressed all issues.
· I followed the submission guidelines.