Create a power point presentation involving following questions.
The term cloud services are a broad category that encompasses the myriad IT resources provided over the internet. The expression may also be used to describe professional services that support the selection, deployment and ongoing management of various cloud-based resources.
1)Identify AT&T as a business industry listed on the Fortune 50 companies and provide a brief presentation.
2)Provide the name, type of industry brief background on the business and the services and/or product the company offers.
3)Identify one line of business (technology) that the company will offer in a cloud service.
Developing a business case for migrating applications to cloud computing requires an overall cloud computing strategy and specific information that describes the current state and demonstrates the advantages of cloud computing to not only reduce costs but to deliver meaningful business value. High level value propositions for cloud computing, including the shift of capital expenditures (CAPEX) to operational expenses (OPEX), cost savings, faster speed of deployment, elasticity, etc., are necessary but insufficient unless quantified. Within the context of an enterprise strategy for cloud computing, individual business problems with existing applications that cloud computing can potentially address need to be identified, and specific business justification must prove that cloud computing is the right strategic alternative.
4)Once an application is identified as a potential candidate for migration to cloud computing, a thorough cost analysis must be performed. In order for meaningful comparisons to be made, one must have specific baseline costs for the current environment. The overall cost of application migration to cloud computing must include the following elements:
• On-going cloud service costs. The cloud service provider fees must be taken into account, including the effects of variable demand, such as extra fees to handle peak loads.
• Service management. Managing services and service providers is a skill that is often not well developed in firms, and yet it is of critical importance to the success of cloud computing.
• License management. It is important to understand third-party software dependencies and impact to licensing contracts (and ongoing management of these licenses) when migrating an application to cloud computing.
• Application re-designs. The application may require design changes in order to be compatible with or to take full advantage of cloud deployment.
• Application deployment and testing. Once the application has gone through design changes it must be configured, deployed, and tested in the cloud environment.
• Application maintenance and administration. Ongoing maintenance and administration of the cloud-based application will remain the client’s responsibility.
• Application integration. In many cases, there will be a need for connections between the migrated application and applications and data that remain in-house, potentially requiring new integration software.
• Cost of developing cloud skills. Internal personnel may need to be trained to support the migration to cloud computing.
• Human resources and talent management implications. New skills and abilities such as preparation and deployment of virtual machine images may require changes to supervisory, control and compensation systems. Job descriptions, bonus plans, etc. may change.
5) Explain cloud computing governance in the company.
REQUIEMENTS AND NOTE:
The power-point presentation should be between 5 to 10 slides.
Use AT&T as a fortune 50 company in this presentation.
Use Amazon Web Services (AWS) as cloud services that AT&T will use in its migration to cloud computing.
The presentation should include a title page, a diagram and a ref page for your source(s).
Title page and reference page will not be counted towards required number of slides.
Small notes or hand notes will be helpful to explain the slides.