Psychological Disorder Name & Code
• State the name of the full name of the disorder (0.5 pts) with the corresponding DSM diagnostic code (0.5 pts)
Example: Antisocial Personality Disorder – 301.7
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• State a minimum of 2 subtypes of this disorder Example: Schizophrenia → Paranoid, Catatonic
Description of Diagnostic Criteria
• List and briefly describe at least 5 of the symptoms/characteristics of this disorder (refer to the DSM-V)
Signs & Symptoms
• How long must symptoms persist in order to meet the diagnostic criteria for this disorder?
• How many people are affected by this disorder?
• How many men vs. women? Incidence
• How many new cases of this disorder are diagnosed per year in the United States?
Age of Onset
• State the typical age that the signs and symptoms of this disorder usually emerge
• Briefly describe (2-3 bullet points) how this disorder looks different in children vs. adults
• State a minimum of 3 risks factors associated with this disorder (e.g. family history, trauma, premature birth)
Effects on the Brain
• State the neurotransmitters involved with this disorder
• How do these neurotransmitters act differently in an individual with this disorder (e.g. overproduction or underproduction of X
• Describe at least 2 structures of the brain that function differently in a person with this disorder
(Bonus: provide an image of a brain scan of a “normal” brain vs. a brain of
an individual with this diagnosis)
a) Describe at least 2 common Biomedical treatments for this disorder (e.g. medications)
b) Describe at least 2 Psychotherapy treatment approaches that have been effective in treating this disorder
Examples: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, Exposure Therapy
Presentation Rubric PSY 101
Presentation Format (3 Points)