TOPIC: health services of veterans
- Create a PowerPoint presentation that informs your classmates about your selected issue/topic. Create a reply to the Selected Health/Healthcare Issue Discussion Board. Attach your developed PowerPoint presentation to your reply.
Evaluation of PowerPoint Presentation (35% of course points)
Scholarly presentation (60% of PowerPoint grade):
- Presentation informs classmates about selected issue/topic in an instructional mode.
- Presentation does not promote a personal viewpoint or include personal opinion/experiences.
- Presentation has four (4) major sections (Section heading slide for each section required)
- Selected health or health care issue/topic is described in detail.
- The relevance and significance of the selected health or health care issue/topic is discussed.
- The impact of the issue/topic on health, health status and/or healthcare in the United States is addressed in a specific manner.
- Challenges/barriers (e.g., to incidence reduction, implementation, resolution/improvement) are presented and discussed.
Evidence/Research (10% of PowerPoint grade):
- Presentation is well-researched, informative, thought provoking, and based on a synthesis of facts and ideas from a variety of authoritative references.
- Information is presented in a logical, interesting sequence.
- Relevant current data and research findings are presented throughout the presentation.
Reputable Accurately Cited Sources (10% of PowerPoint grade):
- Information is presented in your own words
- Reputable sources are cited throughout the presentation in order to attribute information to original source and to add credibility to writing.
- Appropriate credit is given for paraphrased/summarized information from reputable sources.
- In-text citation format is accurate.
- No use of verbatim direct quotes.